Transitional Independent Living Case Manager (TIL)
SUMMARY: To develop, manage and monitor the overall operations of the After Care Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to children transitioning into the community by helping them secure housing, employment and academic involvement.
- Provide support to the young adults who have left the SOS program by overseeing living arrangements, employment and academic involvement, financial management, transportation, medical and counseling needs.
- Assess the strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities facing young adults exiting the foster care system.
- Develop an after care plan for all young adults who are approaching the age of 18.
- Write monthly progress notes for each client on caseload documenting their strengths, weaknesses and progress on their individual after care plan.
- Develop partnerships in the community to address the needs of the young adults exiting foster care including housing, education, employment, transportation, counseling, medical and financial needs.
- Participate in community task forces, meetings and events related to the TIL population.
- Develop a tracking system for the young adults who leave SOS to track success with living on their own.
- Maintain measurable outcomes for the program as a whole.
- Complete monthly reports documenting outcomes and statistics for the program as a whole.
- Coordinate, track and approve expenditures for each home according to the budget.
- Complete monthly budget reports.
- Assist, substitute for, or help other staff when called upon to insure safety and continuity of coverage and care or treatment of SOS clients.
- Interact with clients, all agency staff and other individuals in a caring and professional manner.
- Exhibit behavior which conforms to the highest standard of ethics and professionalism.
- Attend and/or lead required in-service trainings and other staff/program meetings as scheduled.
- Prepare and/or coordinate all required documentation and reports in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
- Maintain a complete and accurate understanding of all procedures relevant to the care and treatment of SOS clients.
- Be aware of, and implement all local and state requirements for the care and handling of clients, including the reporting of suspected abuse and/or neglect.
- Report all issues, concerns, problems, or situations that may adversely affect the welfare and safety of the clients, staff, or program to the Transitional Independent Living Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations to the Transitional Independent Living Coordinator on matters of administration, policy, procedures, and personnel.
- To perform other professional duties/tasks that may be assigned.
- Attend a minimum of 40 hours of training each year.
- Supervisor may recommend additional training to improve skills in employee’s particular field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to respond positively to supervision
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to work effectively within a treatment team context.
- Must have a working knowledge of crisis intervention skills, including the assessment and management of suicidal ideation and behavior
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to work under stringent time deadlines
- Must be computer literate to perform the necessary functions of the job.
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to model appropriate problem solving and conflict resolution behaviors
- Must demonstrate the ability to obtain and keep current CPR certification, First Aid, and other certifications as determined by the program.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field, and at least one (1) year of professional experience in an Independent Living or related program.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Status: Full Time