Next. S.T.E.P.S. Case Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to clients transitioning into the community by helping them secure housing, employment and academic involvement.
- Provide support to the clients by overseeing living arrangements, employment and academic involvement, financial management, transportation, medical and counseling needs.
- Build positive relationships with clients and must have the drive and passion to help young adults aging out of foster care.
- Must have the ability to work with little to no supervision while in the community.
- Assess the strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities facing clients exiting the foster care system.
- Develop an after care plan for all clients who are approaching the age of 18.
- Write progress notes for each client on caseload documenting their strengths, weaknesses and progress on individual care plan.
- Develop partnerships in the community to address the needs of the clients; including housing, education, employment, transportation, counseling, medical and financial needs.
- Participate in community task forces, meetings and events related to the Next S.T.E.P.S. population.
- Develop a tracking system for clients to track success with living on their own.
- Maintain measurable outcomes for the for the program as a whole.
- Complete monthly reports documenting outcomes and statistics for the program as a whole.
- Coordinate, track and approve expenditures for each home according to the budget.
- Complete monthly budget reports.
- Assist, substitute for, or help other staff when called upon to insure safety and continuity of coverage and care or treatment of clients.
- Interact with clients, all agency staff and other individuals in a caring and professional manner.
- Exhibit behavior which confirms to the highest standard of ethics and professionalism.
- Attend and/or lead required in-service trainings and other staff/program meetings as scheduled.
- Prepare and/or coordinate all required documentation and reports in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
- Maintain a complete and accurate understanding of all procedures relevant to the care and treatment of clients.
- Be aware of, and implement all local and state requirements for the care and handling of clients, including the reporting of suspected abuse and/or neglect.
- Report all issues, concerns, problems, or situations that may adversely affect the welfare and safety of the clients, staff, or program to the immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations to the immediate supervisor on matters of administration, policy, procedures, and personnel.
- To perform other professional duties/tasks that may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field, and at least one (1) year of professional experience in Social Services.
Job Status: Full Time