The Fundraising Manager will create effective strategies for maximizing donations. The successful candidate will be extremely organized, mission and numbers driven, is highly accountable and takes ownership for their work. This individual is energized by the understanding that the ability to effectively deliver the mission of a non-profit comes from the organizations ability to raise the necessary funds to carry this through and improve the quality of lives of the people served.
- Identify, research, cultivate, and solicit funds with individuals, public, private, corporate foundations, and governmental agencies sharing the same philanthropic interests as SOS and will benefit the mission of the organization.
- Provide mission updates and check in with regular or reoccurring donors.
- Prepare monthly income reports and manage event budgets.
- Establish, develop, and maintain significant long-term relationships with benefactors whose resources are integral to supporting SOS and their strategic mission.
- Work with event committees to advance the mission and goals of the company.
- Develop targeted donor strategies for various fundraising initiatives such as special events and annual campaigns.
- Conduct stewardship and cultivation activities for existing and new/potential funders.
- Attend community non-profit and networking events with relevant stakeholders.
- Work with event committees to advance the mission and goals of the company through fundraising and “friend raising.”
- Develop social media content designed to drive revenue and event participation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, non-profit management, or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of non-profit fundraising experience, or comparable sales experience with emphasis on revenues produced as an individual contributor within an organization.
- Knowledge of the charity sector.
Pay: $55,000 to $65,000/year
Job Status: Full Time