Development Intern (Unpaid internship)
City: Coconut Creek State: Florida
SOS Children’s Villages Florida, a local foster care community providing homes for up to 75 children, is seeking a dynamic and passionate Development Intern to join our Fund Development team in our Coconut Creek, FL office. Working alongside members of the Development Team, the intern will promote our mission: Providing a family-centered community keeping siblings together and educating and empowering children, young adults, and families to become self-sufficient contributing members of society.
The intern will assist the SOS staff to execute program and event activities to gain experience in the field of Marketing, Communications and Social Media.
This is a great opportunity for the intern to enhance their skills in organization, multi-tasking and communications. The intern can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting in the following activities:
- Gain a basic understanding of SOS Children’s Villages Florida
- Become knowledgeable of mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Gain technical training by utilizing SOS Children’s Villages Florida social media platforms.
- Participate in team meetings and learning opportunities.
- Manage and develop, with direction, a social media plan for “Steps for SOS” 5K Run/Walk and “Taste of the Village” food and wine events.
- Work with local media (print, radio, television, etc) to promote the Village and these special events.
- Assist in creating marketing strategies to engage current and new supporters.
- Assist with brainstorming and providing creative ideas to drive event awareness.
- Gain a basic understanding of SOS Children’s Villages Social Media and area marketing platforms.
- Learn more about Non-Profit structure, including mission, development, and communications efforts.
- Gain technical training by utilizing and leveraging your skills to deliver real world marketing campaigns.
- Learn about team building and collaborating.
- Learn how to develop communications for SOS Children’s Villages Florida programs and events, including “Steps for SOS” 5K Run/Walk and “Taste of the Village” food and wine events.
- Learn to cultivate relationships.
- Learn how to communicate in a professional office setting.
TYPE OF INTERNSHIP
Before internship begins, documentation from the school may be required stating that this internship opportunity is eligible for academic credits. This is an unpaid internship position requiring a minimum time commitment of 16 hours per week (flexible schedule) and may be eligible for course credit.
- Must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing and Communications, or related field
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, and reliable.
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of SOS Children's Villages Florida
- Ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org SOS Children’s Villages Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Visit us at www.sosflorida.com
Job Status: Internship